Tuesday, October 12, 2010

12/10/10

So much has happened in the past week!

Last Wednesday, I worked at the Ellie Saab fashion show. What an incredible experience! I hung around starving models and got yelled at by Elie Saab himself (not really me, but in my general direction). How many people can say that they got yelled at by one of the world's leading fashion designers? Exactly. He is also Lebanese, meaning people were speaking Arabic around me. It was a match made in heaven. The set up for the show lasted HOURS and the show was even running late because everyone was in a tizzy. With all that said, the actual fashion show only lasted 20 minutes. I was a "dresser" for the models and had one model I focused on and another model I helped. Both models had two different looks that they pulled of splendidly.

Elie Saab himself!

Kelsey and I backstage working our modeling skills

With one of the models I helped dress. If only I could be 6 ft and that thin....

I LOVE the spotlight (especially at the Elie Saab fastion show)

After the fashion show I headed off to Spain - Madrid then Barcelona! Madrid was a fun time exploring the night life and seeing the sites. I had some INCREDIBLE Tapas! Many of the GW students went, which made it that much more fun!

So excited to have finally made it to Madrid!

The castle, right near the hotel

Spanish people at Starbucks have trouble saying our name. For instance, I was "Dianna" instead of Jenna, or Blake was "Blade" instead of Blade. We're all imitating the names the Spanish woman gave us. 

We rented a boat to see the sites in the park!

Last night at the "Mason de onions"

6:00 am train and we were off to Barcelona! We had one full day there and it consisted of going to the beach, walking around and seeing the night life. Not a bad way to spend a day...
Kelsey and I going to the beach!

Some of the gang at the beach!

Hola Barcelona!

Cool Cathedral thing! 

SUCH A GREAT WEEK!


No comments:

Post a Comment