Monday, September 6, 2010

9/6/10



Well... after 13 or so hours of traveling, getting lost in Heathrow, networking with a British businessman, hitting a French baby with my suitcase and getting car sickness on my van from the airport, I MADE IT TO FRANCE. I am currently writing this blog in my beautiful french apartment. Unlike other European apartments, I have a fairly large set up here. A kitchen with a table, a big bathroom and a large common space - this apartment is really really nice! Plus, I get to look out to a little French garden/ other apartments every day. The challenging part is finding a place to store all of the 100 lbs of stuff I brought.

Tonight we had dinner together with the Sciences Po students and our housemother, Florence. Thomas (a science po student) had the difficult task of translating the menu. Me, thinking I didn't need his guidance wanted to get a vegetable plate and ended up with duck... All in all, great meal. We sat there for 3 hours drinking wine, eating french food and attempting to speak french.

For now, I look forward to what tomorrow will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment