Saturday, September 18, 2010

18.9.10

My life as a Parisian is starting to get pretty hectic! I really enjoyed the end of my orientation. The night Cruise on the Seine was breathing taking and hilarious. Thomas got spit on by people on top of the bridge as our boat went under it. We did a bus tour of the city - so I feel in some sense that I have seen Paris. My Aunt was here this week, which was nice and a great break from this crazy, crazy week.



My marketing class finished up and my mandatory french classes stopped. I absolutely LOVE my marketing professor and marketing in general. I got an incredible group and an incredible product- Picard food. Our marketing project is starting to take off and my group is investing a lot of time into the product. Our first presentation is on Monday!



Kelsey and I went to a Sciences Po party last Wednesday night. It was absolutely CRAZY. I got some great material and really had to experience French culture in the middle of a crowded dance floor. We mastered the art of French dancing/ facial expressions- meaning, don't smile, don't look in the same direction, don't make any big hand gestures and when possible, play with your hair. Another great event this week was our Alumni Reception which was at this fancy hotel in Paris. All the GW kids took full advantage of the open bar, despite teachers/ deans, etc being there. I got to meet the dean of the Elliot School. He and his wife are polar opposites and have different views of Europe. 



Friday we spend the day at Moet and Chandon. We had a tour, great lunch and a meeting with their marketing guy. Scarlett Johanson was there the week before, but wasn't there when we were there unfortunately. We took a lot of pictures showing off our new "French faces" and definitely enjoyed the Champagne! 

The group is really getting along well, I'm loving getting to know these students. 

No comments:

Post a Comment